In honor of Celiac Awareness month, I found a cookie recipe from my classmate Chelsea’s blog Gluten-Free Unlimited, and made it vegan. These were a little crumbly, but completely delicious! They’re also easy to make if you’re short of ingredients — basically all they need is peanut butter, sugar, corn starch and baking soda.
Here’s the recipe below, paraphrased from her blog:
Total preparation and cook time: 30 minutes.
Serves: About 24 cookies.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets with canola oil.
2. In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Add corn starch mixed with water, and then stir in the baking soda, salt and vanilla.
3. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on cookies sheets spaced apart from each other.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until browned.
5. Don’t forget to allow the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before carefully removing them from the sheets. These cookies will break easily so make sure to let them cool completely before savoring these tasty treats!